Monday, July 03, 2006

Soccer and zoo


Brazil is out! So is Argentina and England. Argentina was my favorite while everyone around had been betting on Brazil to win the Cup. I am pinning my hopes on Italy now. Vin wants Germany to win since they are hosting it. Though Madras is under CAS and cant view paychannels unless u have a set-top box, the public pressure in the wake of the world cup made SCV air it for free to all its viewers. I hadn’t been following the matches closely until the quarterfinals. Saturday night watched the Brazil-France match. I had reached home only at 12.30 am after office, Mira who was sleeping in maid’s room woke up around the same time and "watched" the match along with us. Didn’t go to church on Sunday as we went to sleep only at 3 am after the match was over and the kids were made to sleep.
Went to Vandalur zoo in the evening, leaving maid and Mira behind at home. Didn’t see much – only deers, peacocks, monkeys, cockatoos and some australian flightless birds, a tiger, a bison and an otter. Was too tired to walk the rest of it, and anyway it was closing time at 5.30 pm. Maybe next time we will go early and take the safari trip. The lions were roaring in their cages and the two which were out, weren’t to be seen. But on the whole a nice place to walk around and for Ash to run around.
Ironically, in all my 15 years in Chennai, I havent been to this zoological park until now. Even during my college days, when I lived close to Tambaram, I had never found time to visit the zoo. Our college itself was a mini zoo with deers and peacocks and all kinds of creepy-crawlies.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...