Saturday, July 29, 2006

A rainbow

The first thing I do when I come into work is check my mail. It gives u a good feeling when u open ur mail to get the message : New mail has arrived, would u like to read it now? But junk mail puts me off.
I think I am getting a new maid. Yesterday an uncle we know in our neighbourhood helped us find a person. V had approached him in the morning and evening he lands with a Nair lady. Seems pleasant and sincere. Told her I need her to cook and look after the kids. The other maid will do the sweeping and laundry.
This one can come in only by 9 but stay on till 7 or later till I reach. So I have to get the bf ready I guess. Also we will have to take both kids wherever we go – earlier we used to take one kid alone to church on a rotational basis. One way it is good – we don’t have the hassle of taking a keralite live-in maid to kerala and back, not to mention the tension each trip gives us when they take their own sweet time to return. Plus taking care of all their expenses and having to search for a new person every 6 months. Will give us more privacy too.
I just hope this one will work out for us. She has a hubby working in a teashop & 2 grownup boys, and stays in the next locality. Will start coming from Monday, so mom might leave on tue after familiarizing her with babysitting and other chores.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...