Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dog days

I like this picture, partly because a dog is involved - a friend forwarded it today.
Reminds me of my labrador Bruno I gifted my dad some 7 years ago. Bruno just completed his 7th bday on July 9. I had bought him from a family in Washermanpet and took him home by train - that was one hell of a journey! but both of us survived the ordeal.
Bruno still has a special bond with me though I keep him at arm's length after the kids were born. My room is a strict no-no for him, so he just peeps from the door. But Ash has developed a rapport with Bruno and plays with his tail even, without angering him the least bit. Calls him Eno.
Exhausted from head to toe otherwise! Things have been crazy at home in the absence of a maid and 2 babies to manage - the early morning rush is the most maddening part.
Worse than being tired, I am just not finding time for anything - read even newspaper headlines or finish pending chores or file stuff.
WE both keep telling each other we have to change things but I guess we are both disorganised. Trying to advance bedtime to 11 pm. Kids after their afternoon-evening naps refuse to hit bed until 12 midnight or later. Bad habits and bad parenting, i guess.

No comments:

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...