Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ash goes to pre-school

The big news this week is that Ash started playschool on Monday June 12. V said he was like a bird let out of its cage when he sighted other kids. He is enjoying the company. The first day I brought him back after an hour. Timings are 9-12 noon, but the first week he can leave after an hour. He didn’t seem to miss us at all. However, he is so engrossed in playing that he doesnt eat his breakfast which we pack.
Once he comes home, he walks around the house with his red Spiderman bag over his back.
I am not diapering him for a change – just sending 1-2 extra shorts. I am hoping they will be able to get him toilet trained soon and also that he starts speaking in other kids’ company.
I got him a new baby toilet seat which can be put under the normal toilet seat. Its its centre is smaller and he wont fall through it. He likes sitting on it. So I am getting him to use that on a daily basis. After M was born, he stopped doing things he was learning to do – attention-seeking gestures, I guess.
Ash's vocabulary continues to be limited to Appa, Amma, Vava, Tata and See You; the rest are all 2/3-syllabic sounds like baa-baa (when he sees an insect), eh-hey-hey (when he wants something) and cha-chi-cha (vegetables in general).
Ash calls me Amma and Vin Appa (nowadays he calls me appa too, only when he is hurt and needs me to console him does he call me amma!)We decided to be v. indigenous in that though the latest fad is Papa and Mama amongst the English-speaking parental circles here.
I call my parents Daddy and Mummy, which was considered very forward 30 years ago.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...