Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The real mutton soup

I find - thanks to sitemeter - that many people googling for mutton soup recipe end up on my post Mutton soup for the mommy soul. So here's a recipe (courtesy my previous maid) for a very Kerala style mutton soup for the body - for both mommy and baby.
You will need:
Half a kg mutton (even legs and bones)
2 and half mugs/2 litres of water
1 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
3-4 garlic pieces
1 tbsp pepper powder
cardamom, clove, cinnamon stick - 1 each.

Boil the above stuff together for 1-2 hours till it thickens.

Season with curry leaves, mustard, chopped onions. I mean heat ghee, throw in some mustard, wait for it to crackle, then add onions till it turns light brown, and then curry leaves. Add the necessary amount of soup. Keep the rest in the freezer for later use.

p.s. Ta, I am off for an afternoon siesta. It is my day off. I will tell you what I did today tomorrow.

3 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

how funny they ask, you give

Anonymous said...

hi, lucky u seista.. a luxury i miss.
esp when i feel really drained.
enjoy
ust

Ladybird said...

i get to nap only on a sunday or the rare offs i get. You cant grudge me that. And today's lasted hardly 15 min.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...