Monday, September 16, 2024

Onam sadya

We had 3 last-minute guests -- a cousin, a niece, and my old classmate Amos _to our sadya on Onam Sunday. Though planning gives me the jitters, for a change I jotted down what I should be making and managed to make almost all of them - save for the payasam, and 2 side dishes and banana chips we got from Lulu.
In the end, the feast was a success and the male guests were extremely thankful and happy for the best home-made sadya they have had since they left their families back in India. They stayed on and chatted  till 9 pm reluctant to return to their lonely bachelor pads.
In Mira's absence, the next best art director got down to setting the pookkalam or floral pattern. Ash played assistant while I just hovered around.
Amos gifted us a cake that looked like a fruity pookkalam.

No comments:

Since we live in the vicinity of Novo Cinemas, it is our first choice for a last-minute movie plan. But most often when we go, we rush in af...