Friday, March 08, 2024

Writing pro

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both are free, you should give me a master class on how you write your features. 
She praised the one I did that day on a dinosaur excavation photos, and said the wealth of information in it will make her save it for her toddler daughter. 
I told her many of the terms in it were new to me and I had to research them in the 2 hours allotted for writing an article. PR industry deadlines are tight at 90 minutes for each report, during which time I often try to understand the speaker's profile and their works (like the Nayla one below where I didn't have enough time to understand the movies she had made). Often, I don't feel satisfied with what I churn out.
Anyway, this was the best compliment I had received recently and I was almost teary-eyed as I told her that I have no strategy, and I just say a silent prayer each time - though I am not much of a believer - that I get it right. 
To tell the truth, sometimes I feel at sea after attending a session, either because of the accent or the poor translation (Arabic to Eng) or the lack of interest in the topic discussed. 
But here I am like the girl in the Rumpelstilskin storypresenting a satisfactory product :)

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...