Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Zion traveller takes a detour

It is a month since I last wrote. I have been obsessed with news about Palestine - though I avoid the contemporary ones on the death toll and bombardments, I read up about the history of the conflict. Each time I learn something new.
This year, the conflict introduced me to Xian Zionism and the project to entrench Jews in the Promised Land. That the Holy Land tours have to be taken as a group - which explains why churches in Kerala organised them for pilgrims.
Once a lady from my Chennai church returned from such a tour and gave me a piece of cotton wool, which she procured or was given from Jesus' tomb! It was the most absurd gift but it stayed in my purse till I left for Dxb. And at a church auction, we were gifted a set of wooden xmas tree hangings (not baubles, but tree- and angel-shaped pieces of wood)  from a Holy Land tour as a bonus for buying something else.
 I have decided I wont visit the so-called Promised Land until the occupation ends. Which may not be in my lifetime. Who knows how things will be 100 years from now. If the Ottoman empire could fall 100 years ago, the present empires can fall too.
I am also trying to shun American and Israeli products/brands in the market - which is not easy here as most affordable or popular brands are from USA. Excuse USA readers :)
I will also stop singing "Zion sanchari njan" (I am a zion traveller leaning on Christ and walking the way of the Cross) .... ðŸ¤£

No comments:

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...