Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Last day of school

As Ash wraps up his school life,  I sent a mail to his principal thanking her for the support the school gave him as a child with ADHD and chronic eczema.  

"I am writing to thank you for the tremendous support ........... 
I meant to write to you when he passed his Xth, but kept postponing. Now as he writes his last exam of Grade 12 today, I wish to thank .... for the tremendous support. I extend my gratitude to Ms. Nasreen, Ms. Sumitha and Ms. Anitha for persevering with my son (he being their most annoying and argumentative student). The special classes arranged with subject teachers of Economics and IP were valuable especially as we did not resort to any tuitions for him (after the fortune we spent until 10th, we advised Ash to study on his own).
I also wish to thank his class teacher Swapna for her love and care not only with her students but also in dealing with parents.  She never failed to reply to our queries unlike some others (probably from the unease in using technology). 
As a child with chronic eczema and related discomforts, Ashwin has felt most at ease in DPS among all three schools he attended from KG to Grade 12. There has been minimum bullying and teasing that I knew of, and I am grateful for the stress-free four years."

ps. That is excerpts from the mail since I dont have time to write now about the trying 14 years in school owing to his health. Italicised matter is my present addition
pps. the Principal never replied but the concerned teachers were overwhelmed and said it made them shed tears of happiness.
 

 

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...