Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Supermom

Make me a breakfast 
Of veggies and egg, mama 
Says the daughter 
Make me cheesy noodles 
with chicken shredded 
And when I return from school 
Chocolate cake with cream frosting 
And ice cream from the grocery, 
says sonnie 
The water bottle, the brunch in school
are ready and deposited in bag
They rush off to the lift
Give me a tissue quick
pleads the girlie
While I run comb in hand
to give sonnie's unkempt hair 
a last-minute brush 
Huh, dont spoil my spike
Leave me alone
Where's my tea,
Add a dash of ginger 
And not too much milk
Says hubby 
Take the girlie for a walk 
In the park
She needs to lose weight 
The floor is too dusty 
Cant you scrub it clean
Asks hubby already late for work.
The needs are different each day
But one refrain is the same for all
What do you do the whole day?
You are just too lazy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So beautiful.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...