Friday, November 19, 2010

The Robo sapien

My transformation as a true-bred Madrasi seems complete. I was able sit through the entire length of a Tamil movie, a Rajni-starrer at that, yesterday. As feedback from people who had seen it had not been very positive, I thought I would have to walk out half way through it. However, we found Endhiran (The Robot) eminently watchable. The kids were intrigued, awed and tickled to their bones by the robot's heroics. Aishwarya Rai looked gorgeous as ever while superstar Rajnikanth hid half his 60 years in competent make-up, trademark wig and an agile body. He was wonderful throughout as the robot though his real self as the scientist who makes the robot looked exhausted.
Being a week day, the theater was half empty - the majority of the patrons were Muslim families celebrating Bakrid. I wonder how true the hype surrounding Endhiran's success is. The Rajni jokes that are doing the rounds on the net seem more popular.

4 comments:

My Kitchen Antics said...

It was house full here in london in almost all the theatres...the first week:)
I went with the same impression..we'l walk out if its too much to handle, but ended up watching the whole movie. It was my first rajini movie. Thank god for subtitles, laughed quite a bit at the song lyrics:)

Ladybird said...

ok :) It was housefull here too, and still runs 3-4 shows in the bigger theatres. There were no subtitles, so I missed the meaning of some of the dialogues and lyrics.

ush said...

wow, thats great. my kids are asking if its in Cd yet. we could not see while in theatre.
good to hear that u like it. take care.

SubaG said...

Its not doing as well as earlier Rajini movies in Malaysia...i didn't like it much, kids enjoyed it though...I prefer the over the top Rajini movies...enjoyed Sivaji so much...my wfe thinks Shreya had something to do with that ;)

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...