Friday, June 18, 2010

Intution

The new maid seems superficially ok - polite, caring for the kids (though both havent taken much of a liking for her, and prefers Kala) and energetically trying to keep the house clean. I am just not very comfortable with her, though I cant really pinpoint the reason. An intution that something is just not right somewhere - it is not just because she badmouths her competitors (other maids in the vicinity) or that the watchman mentioned that she had pilfered a large sum of money from a previous employer (but then the watchman and the maid who told him about it have vested interests, wanting to place their candidate as nanny).
V, who trust maids implicitly and believes in their goodness until they let you down, thinks she is going to be a fine nanny. And the cook - who is supposed to be her relative - who comes to the neighbour's house has vouched for her integrity.
I hope I wont regret having hired her.

1 comment:

ush said...

hope everything stays ok.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...