Thursday, October 29, 2009

The litter bug

Today, being a very rainy day, the lazy parents didn't send the kids to school. Ash, for one,had slept poorly owing to his wheezing that hasnt got better after the latest bout of fever.
The skies cleared later in the morning, making me regret my decision. Mira, for one, was dying to go to school until she found other activities - messing up the house - to keep her engaged.
I am waiting for her to get over that phase - of picking stuff from my dressing table, from the kitchen, books and any knick-knack she fancies and putting them in a polythene bag or her school bag; of littering the house with anything she finds interesting to play with and later discards; of unmaking the made bed and folded bedsheets. All activities that make me go insane and makes the man of the house blame the two women in the house for keeping the house untidy.
Ash seems to have got over that phase last year, but he often joins Mira in all the fun. The maid blames Ash for setting a bad example to Mira, her pet. I tell her it is a phase that kids go through and the issue is not merely one of Mira getting influenced by her brother. She is hard to convince - as it is of many adults with set ideas, and a Malloo one at that!

2 comments:

ush said...

heee every has same issues.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we're both enjoying rains today...on very different parts of the world! :) Much Love,
jen

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...