Friday, July 03, 2009

Two kindergarteners

Yesterday after some dilly dallying, we sent Ash to school. While me and L and Ash was for it, V was against school since he thought Ash didnt look fit to attend school. But the previous day he had been pretty itch-free and we thought he was wasting his time and life sitting and watching Pogo the whole day. (He also watches a 5 o' clock cooking class on Asianet without fail along with the nanny - probably just to see all the good food he has been missing out on.)
All his classmates chorused 'Ashwin, Ashwin' when they saw him come in. I guess being a visiting student to the class, he has become a VIP of sorts :) The teacher said I could check with the principal if Ash could attend a couple of hours everyday until he was better. V decided against asking for that concession.
When I went to pick him up, the teacher said I neednt send him everyday, maybe on altenate days for the sake of attendance. Kindergarten syllabus is quite relaxed. More than the itching, the goodies that his peers bring to snack on is a tough temptation for Ash, she feels. She sent the classwork book to be done at home. So today he is at home, enjoying Tom & Jerry on the new DVD player (since the PC's player cant play VCDs).
I met Mira's teacher too since M had complained that someone ate her biscuits. She seemed to be in fear of this someone, and rarely opened her snack box in school. Always came home and finished her snacks. Luckily for her, she spends only 2 hours in school until July 13 and doesnt feel too hungry by then.
The teacher told me a boy in the class has an eating urge and is forever snacking and grabbing others' snacks too. She promised to change her seat to the front row. Apparently she is the quietest kid in class, and just gestures to the teacher if she wants to convey anything.
Today she seems to have got a seat under the teacher's nose, as she finished all her snacks for once.

7 comments:

My Kitchen Antics said...

This is the first time i am posting a comment on your blog, but have been a thorough reader for the past couple of weeks. I love reading about ash and mira and what makes it so interesting is your style of writing.
I was in Chennai till a couple of years back and i miss the place so so much :)

Anonymous said...

great.
take care
ust

Ladybird said...

HI, thanks for patronising my blog. From your blog, I thought you didnt like children! Ash and Mira are absolute brats but I guess reading it on the net is easier than dealing with them on a daily basis. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

hey doch,
missing you here. hope ash is getting better and better. take care,
cheers,
the other romila :)

Ladybird said...

That's nice to hear. Ash's health is still not very good. Anyway better than what it was when I went on leave :)

My Kitchen Antics said...

Haha...not that i hate children..i just dont know how 2 handle them and they tend to really hate me..there is no vibe between me and children..its jus that im not a big fan but its nice going through your daily dealings with the children and one day when i have my own i shall remember all that u have mentioned. Trust me u have opened my eyes on a lot of things about children. Its like a tutoring class. Keep it up.

Ladybird said...

I am not a very children-person either, but with my own I dont have a choice. When they were 'babes-in-arms', I used to be so relieved when someone would hold them for me.
And I am learning from them too. Kids these days are smarter than we were at their age.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...