Monday, July 06, 2009

Torrential queries

Ashwin's fascination for Ambedkar continues, much to my discomfort. Not because I have anything against the Dalit leader but because I find it difficult to answer his questions. The queries come non-stop, some easy some not-so-easy, some silly and some shrewd. He likes to know what Ambedkar eats, what his wife eats and I am careful not to mention any food that Ash cannot have. So my answers vary from rice and buttermilk curry to rotis and dal.
But only when he demanded that he wanted a music album of Ambedkar did I realise that he was confusing him with Michael Jackson.
And today he is trying to make a paper boat fly since he doesnt have a kite to fly. He has tied it with a string onto the window sill, and is watching it flutter in the wind. He is worried if a crow will peck on it or shit on it. That leads to fresh questions:
Why do crows shit?
Where do crows shit?
The answers may be simple but God, give me the patience to deal with them all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good.. maybe he will make a great scientist.
take care
ust

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...