Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swami and patients

Ash is beginning to look better (touchwood), and I'd like to think the swami's line of treatment is beginning to work on him. His skin is smoother and doesnt crack/break upon the worst of scratching. The thick, cracked skin that characterised the back of his palm and the ankle has gone. I do not know if rains and winter in Chennai, towards the end of the year, will make the skin bad again as the peadiatrician fears. Anyway, swamiji has added a new medicine to cure the itching when V met him on 23rd.
Since a couple of folks have asked for info on the swami's line of treatment, I will post what I know. The swami is available for consultation at many places in Kerala. Our folks first met him at the the Panmana Ashram near Quilon, where he comes on the last Sunday of the month. The crowd here is much bigger than at Palghat, where he is available thrice a week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
If you are going by train, alight at Palakkad or Ottapalam (which is nearer). The nearest airport would be at Cochin or Coimbatore, which is not very near anyway. So take a taxi/ bus to Ottapalam... Ask for the"Kayarambara swami" and any autodriver at Ottapalam will take you there.
The addresss is: Karuna Foundation, Paliyil madam, Palappuram, Ottapalam. Ph 0466 2247144.
Be there by 6 am if you can to register your name - even then you might get Token no. 28 or 30. The queue is very long, so be an early bird. V tells me the swami sees 150 patients a day - consultation is free (and each patient gets only about a minute or two, in which time he sees the patient and suggests the medicines to his assistants) but the kashayams and arishtams are priced and not very cheap.
The swami gives a 1-2 hour lecture to a large audience in the morning, so the consultation starts only after that. V tells me the sermon is very interesting and the swami is a well-read and intelligent man who is familiar with what is happening in other streams of medicine. He has a doctorate from Anderson University in the US, and also has a patent for the cancer medicine he has developed. (I dont think he cures patients at the terminal/advanced stages, and he tells one at the outset if the cancer is curable.)

The swami can be reached over the phone after consulting hours, which is usually till 1 or 2 p.m. IST, and he instantly suggests what medicines to take to cure other minor ailments u might have - cough, fever, headache etc - while you are under his treatment. For instance, he suggested that Ash take one aasaliyadhi tablet (Kottackal has it) dissolved in a glass of hot jeera/cumin water for his cough. It had helped cure my cough which two rounds of doctor visits and syrups and tablets couldnt. And for headache - I do not know if the kind of head ache that Ash complained of owing to the broken scalp is the same as headaches of the adult variety - he had suggested a little gooseberry beaten with a glass of buttermilk in the mixer-juicer (blender).

Need I say the diet is tough? But if a child of five can control his food cravings, I am sure adults surely can.
All the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good swami.
good luck.
take care
ust

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Praise God! I'm so glad to hear that things are clearing up--and no need to touch wood--there is mighty strength behind that healing. Hooray; that is great. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love jen

My Kitchen Antics said...

You know what...your blog has given me deep insight into eczema. Recently i had a small dry patch on my neck and went to see the doc. He said it was eczema or rather a small case which might or might not become a serious one later on. He gave me some steroidal cream to apply and now its almost gone. The moment he said eczema i knew what he was talking about..thanks to your blog:)
Hope ash gets better soon.

jayaprakash said...

When all doctors in bangalore said that i'll will not get my sperms back because of treatment i tood for skin disease 4 years back, my friend refered me to swami.

I was treated by swami to get my sperms back from 0. We are expecting for baby in Aug 2011.

He is next to god for me and my family members.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...