Friday, January 23, 2009

Enhanced mobility

I buy myself a Nokia 3600 slide on a whim yesterday. I had been planning to get a cellphone with at least a 3.2 pixel camera. Hopefully it will help me capture images of misspelt signboards for the other blog more frequently and effectively. A still camera attracts too much attention, so I hope this will give me more confidence to shoot (pics) at public places. But given the notoreity that mobiles with cameras now have in the country and the amount of misuse they are subjected to, I hope I wont be pulled up for using it at some point.
Only today I muster the courage to tell V that I bought a new mobile. I tell myself that it is my money and that I dont need his sanction but then this month had been one of additional expenditures  - a new dressing table (which Mira insists is for her and the maid), the building fund/donation that is conditional for Mira's LKG admission and the fee at the Maruti Driving School I have enrolled in (a new batch starts every Saturday, and I have decided to join on the 31st since we are planning to visit the Velankanni church near Nagapatnam this weekend).
I know I could have waited till the next month for the phone but then I am like that. I buy on whims and sometimes foolishly too. I hope V wont soon have an occasion to say that it was a bad buy. So far he has only said that I could have waited a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats..good luck
hope to soon see all new photos
ust

Ranjith Cherickel said...

you can't go wrong with a Nokia phone. Besides you just paid for my upkeep...

Amos said...

Congrats on your new mobile....the mobile looks great.....AM

Ladybird said...

Hi, thanks everybody.
I am most comfortable with Nokia phones, Renjith!

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...