Friday, January 30, 2009

Dilemmas

I stayed home the past two days to care for Ash, whose eczema worsened after the Velankanni trip. On Tuesday I reached home to find his arms and back bruised and sore from constant scratching - so much so that he howled when I gave him a bath as the water burnt his skin.
The maid's version was that he probably hurt himself when she went to make tea, but it didnt seem to have been done in such a short span. By Wednesday evening his skin looked fine and healed; but yesterday again it worsened after the maid took the kids to the terrace for a game of football. He probably rolled on the ground and the dust made things worse. The itching didnt lessen through the night and he woke up with a broken skin on his face and brows.
We did send him to school though. Another term gets over today, and he has attended only about 6 classes in these two terms.
Mira has stayed home the whole of this week owing to a cold and cough that required the doctor's attention yesterday. She sat quietly through the nebulisation and has been asking for it again today!
I am in a dilemma about the nanny issue. My old faithful, Leelama, who was to join us by mid Feb now has an emergency - her hubby is in hospital with an arm and some head injury after an autorickshaw hit him. I cant say when she will come. I wanted to relieve the present one at the earliest as her dealings with the kids are suspect - she has no interest or love for them, and is only interested in doing the household chores.
I plan to look up Nazareth Illam in Chennai or a couple of options in Kerala.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,
sad to hear about ashwin's skin and maid issues. speak soon. swamped with work on return from Dhaka. More when we speak.
Love,
kochumon

Natalie said...

So sorry to hear about your little boys problems. I would definitely want to be rid of the maid. Who knows what she is doing when you are not there. I surely wish you the very best in solving your problems.

Anonymous said...

hi,hope everything goes ok.
good luck.
don't expect maids to love u'r kids , in the present day the kids parents,fly,don't love or care for them. sad -how many walk out of their kids lives.
hope Ash can stick to diet and u keep him in one kind of medication.
We stopped going out . we even avoid invites for dinner lunch.. don't eat out,kids fall sick after that.!
ust

Ladybird said...

Thanks. Right now Ihave no choice but to persist with the maid as I havent found a replacement. Finding a reliable nanny is tough, and I dont want the kids to suffer more than they need to. I call up Nazareth Illam and they tell me they have stopped providing maids as girls prefer to go to export houses for work (it carries more respect for them, and freedom too I guess).

Passionlikeachild said...

Aww; it's great to hear that language is coming right along :) It sounds like they both have quite the personalities :) Please keep reporting all these fun adventures. Much love, Jennifer

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...