Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Photo-op

Mira gets help from the maid in tying a sari. As kids, most Indian girls go through this "sari" wearing phase. If I used bedsheets once upon a time (that was because dupattas and salwar-kurtas were almost unheard of in Kerala then), Mira had my dupatta to try out.

This head-scarf business is a favorite pastime for the maid and Mira. The maid is a professional in that since she has worked as a daily-wage labourer in the paddy fields and construction sites in Kerala, where women shield their heads using the very-Kerala towel we call thorthu.

She reminds me of Kasturba Gandhi with her long-sleeved "blouse". But then Muslim women in Kerala still use long-sleeved "jackets", so it cant be labelled a pre-Independence costume.

With her brother. Unlike her, it is very difficult to get him to pose. There he is looking over his shoulder to see what is showing on TV.

There she is, looking very Divya Unni in her smile and ears. I hate to compare her with the actress as she is my least favorite among Kerala heroines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious photos! Mira is sure beautiful. Take care :)

Anonymous said...

wore u'r saree well M. u look nice in your sari. good pose. have a great holiday.
ust

marcia@joyismygoal said...

They have grown she is soooo pretty

Lijy said...

please dont compare her with divya Unni. I dont like her .

Mira looks far far better than her. in fact there cant be a comparison.

I liked the last snap most. lovely smile :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...