Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bedtime rituals

Telling a bedtime story is not a ritual with us. But this past one week, Ash has been insisting on a bedtime story. A ritual V had started at odd hours in the night to get Ash to sleep. V is exhausting his repertoire of stories, so maybe I will have to chip in soon. Maybe subscribe to Balarama which had sustained my thirst for stories in childhood.
p.s. There's nothing much to say otherwise. We skipped church for the third week in a row (thanks to sleepless nights and a viral fever this weekend) and made up for it with a pilgrimage to the Besant Nagar Velankanni church and beach.
And yesterday I checked out the Joy Alukkas showroom in Chennai, beleived to be their biggest jewellery store. I didnt have time to assess its size and made a quick purchase for the maid (who has preferred to convert her salary into the yellow metal) and for myself (a pair of ear rings). The only jewellery that fascinates me are ear rings. I almost bought a pair for Mira too but V has forbidden any more for her. She is looking at the mirror too much as it is, he says!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thx..got u'r sweets.. hehe looking too much in mirror?
ust

Ladybird said...

Yeah. V has instructed me that I stop calling her sundarikutti before she starts developing airs :) Right now she has to look at the mirror before she puts the bindi, after she puts the bindi, after bath, after dressing etc etc.

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...