Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Random pictures

Metrowater is giving us new pipelines but it has only added to our daily misery. Dug-up roads that makes driving difficult and no piped water until the new pipes are functioning. The water paucity has exceeded a week now.

In all this misery, doesnt the earth mover make a pretty picture? Each time I see it, I am amused. Because some people like to call an earthmover the JCB, just as they would call diapers Pampers. It is like calling tea leaves Kannan Devan.

My sun (pun intended) is back. Did u note that his teacher also calls him Ash?

The menu on a day I picked up Mira from school. Each day she gets to eat something different but when you ask her, she says she had rice and milk.

The golu at our neighbour's house during Nav-ratri. It was the first time I attended any such and I wasnt sure if I did things right. I got a steel bowl, apples, sindur and turmeric powder as prasad.

The puja and the pujari at V's office on Ayudha Pooja yesterday. We had a closed holiday while V had only a restricted holiday, which he chose not to take. One thing I like about closed holidays is that I can catch on the newspaper backlog since there are no newspapers to read today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, and i thought pooja was in u'r office. since u mentioned getting goodies from work in previous blog.
take care
ust

Ladybird said...

I also mentioned that we are commies and do not do any pujas in our dept, we invest the puja fund for sweets :)

Anonymous said...

catching up on your blog...I thought that digger pic was one of a toy. It was so clean!

Ladybird said...

:D Maybe it was new.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...