Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I surrender

Mira has become a great fan of Tintin ever since I got her a Moser baer dvd (read cheap and affordable) of the Cigars of the Pharoah. She can watch it again and again without getting bored. Only problem is that it results in a tiff with her brother who prefers to watch Popeye. Anyway both are fascinated by the Indian fakir in the Cigars series especially where he hypnotises Tintin with his "I surrender". Both initially called Tintin Appa but now they have graduated to calling him by name.

Thinking that she'd appreciate more Tintin DVDs, I bought Tintin in Tibet (one that had had me in splits when I read it ages ago) and King Ottokar's Sceptre yesterday. But she is not interested in them. She wants her I surrender dvd.

I surrender to her whim for now. But I will have to find something that will fascinate her in the new ones. Maybe the Yeti.

2 comments:

dreamrunner said...

This reminds me of our friend, Desmond's sister's son who used to insist on watching 'Lion King' every day for months...
Difficult to say what catches kids' fancy...

Anonymous said...

yes, for somereason they like to stick to one particular movie.. here N was on Cars.
take c.(heee-comes automatically sorry)
ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...