Thursday, October 16, 2008

Foetal concerns

Tulika's protruding belly was a source of wonder and curiosity for Ash and Mira the past three days. Ash, who whacks people hard when they least expect it, had to be kept away from her. An hour after "Tuli-aunty" came, Mira declared that she had a baby in her tummy too.

By the second day, Ash was impatient to see the baby. "Please ask the baby to come out and play with us," he demanded of his aunt. Communication is not easy since T cant understand Malayalam and my kids cant speak English. But I guess if I leave the three together for a month, T would pick up Malayalam and the kids would pick up English.

Yesterday when V came home, he found Mira sitting with her hand over her tummy. When her father enquired if she had stomach pain, she said: "Tell Achin not to kick my tummy. There is a baby in here. I am going to tell Uncle if he kicks."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heeeeeee. sorry. no time. too hectic. guests here. ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...