Monday, October 13, 2008

Doctor horizons

A couple of people had advised me to take Ash to Dr. AS Thambiah, a reputed elderly skin doctor near Das Prakash Hotel on PH Road here. And I have been trying to push the case with V, who is disenchanted of late by allopathic treatment for eczema since it offers no cure, only ways to control and manage it. I tell him that Dr. Thambiah is believed to have one leg in the grave and that we show Ash to him at least once before he leaves this world.

So I look up Sulekha pages today - getting bold after a successful bid at finding a mosquito screen provider through it - and get his ph. no. and address. Looking at the Yahoo Answers page, I dont have much hope about getting through the line. But surprise of surprises. A male voice picks up immediately as I call. What more, the doctor himself. He tells me that he is available Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 5 pm at the clinic and it is first come first served. There is a pretty terrifying queue, I hear and the doctor tells me to come early to beat the queue. "The consulting fee is Rs. 30, three-zero," he tells me and cuts the line.

Thirty! In these days. No wonder the queue is so long.

We need to show Ash to a good dermatologist at the earliest and Dr. Patrick seems to be out of station. Let me see what he will have to say about my little boy's condition.

2 comments:

Amos said...

Dont know whether this will help..
http://www.freederm.com/testimonials.html
..AM

Anonymous said...

hi, good luck. eze some say the kids outgrow after a age so also allergy. and there are some who did here., in our church. but i think, some did take shots for it. only 1 person said it cleared on its own.
so far i doubt if there is a cure..
take care.ust

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...