Friday, September 19, 2008

Truth serum

Boy (to his grandparents): "The icecream gave me a fever. "

Trust the boy to spill the beans. His granny had told us never to give him try an icecream, egg, fish or chicken until his eczema was relatively cured. But when we took for the dinner party last Sunday, we ended up giving him a little icecream.

Whether it is an icecube he grabs from the freezer, a small portion of chicken biriyani or a packet of chocos from school, the boy immediately blurts it out to just the person I expect him not to tell. I do not know what all he would have conveyed by the time I reach home from work.

As I was leaving, the tales were about his sister: "Vaava adichitta (Vaava beat me)." There is an increasing Tamil accent to his speech.

And,

"Vaava said, I want to sit here, I want to sit here, I want to sit here and pushed me out."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, would u not know it.all are same ,good luck.
hope to hear the rest of his stories.
ust

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...