Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Queen of Spades

Before I proceed with my ramblings, let me thank each one of you who has called up, emailed, blog-commented on Ash's health and welfare. It feels great to know I have an extended family and friends' circle in blogland and cyberworld. Blogging definitely is a fun way for mothers to connect. Thank you all, Ash looks fine now. We are waiting for another blood lead test result to come on Friday - to see if his lead levels are going down, in which case he wont need medication.
***
Mira is getting used to her new school. V tells me he finds her sitting quietly on a chair watching the other kids cry. But then, she is a veteran at playschool having started school at one-and-a-half, because her mother couldnt afford to sit at home to take care of her.
She gets wholesome food too. V checked the menu yesterday. She apparently had kesari, biscuits and milk for breakfast, fruit juice for a later break and dal rice for lunch.
He tells me something else - that he is making friends with all the mothers who come to drop and pick up their kids. According to him, he is the only dad who comes to pick up his ward.

Mira is learning to identify objects in her Book of Alphabets. She gets some right, some wrong. I turn to Q and the picture of a queen with a crown over her head.
"Who is this?" I ask.
"Amma!"
That is the greatest flattery I have received.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Ash is doing better. Hugs!

Flattery! my my ... kids are quick to learn these days! ;)

K3

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh my been so caught up in my troubles i hadn't visited this week or two i hope and pray Ash will be able to have a complete recovery r

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...