Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Behind the mask

Ash and me on Christmas day last year - with the Christmas gifts from his uncle and aunt ...
***
Ash and me did a few hospital rounds today afternoon. An upset tummy that meant I had to give his stool and urine samples at SMF main before waiting (45 minutes into my appointment time) for an abdominal scan for him at the SMF children's hospital. The scan revealed some "mesentric lymph nodes" which the doctor told me was an infection in the stomach.

We then proceeded to Apollo to meet the paed. dermatologist, who told me that Ash's blood tests all seem okay. So the reason for his poor growth could be all the steroid creams we have been dabbing on him all these years. He has asked us to avoid egg-nuts-berries in the boy's diet. He should be made to wear only cottons, have the shortest possible bath (using Oilatum plus in the bathwater instead of soaps) and pat dried instead of scrubbed dry. The new creams for him include Dermavive (Made in Australia and imported here; at the cost it is sold in India I dont think I can afford to apply it liberally all over his body as suggested on the tube!), Topgraf (Tacrolimus ointment) and a probiotic called Enterogermina to be consumed once a day. Apparently kids with atopic dermatitis suffer from recurrent gastritis too.

Reached home at 8 p.m. after going to three hospitals at three different locations in the city.

4 comments:

Romila said...

I hope your son gets well soon. You've quite a lot of work there, reading from your post.

Amos said...

Hello Rosh

I can see that it is not easy to raise children. I hope they realise this and appreciate when they become adults........AM

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog spot
I chanced across it when I googled a few words and I think you are a lovely person
God Bless you!
Ravi

Ladybird said...

Ahh... you made me smile, though I know I dont deserve such compliments. Thank you anyway :)

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...