Friday, November 16, 2007

The PSBB miss

I have missed the Padma Seshadri application rush. I hope I wont regret it. I had one full week's time - from Nov 12 -16, 9 am to 12 noon - to collect the application form to pre-KG for Mira in one of India's best schools, as per magazine surveys, and I didnt do it.

Well, in fact, I went on Monday morning to collect a form studiously. But I didnt take Mira's birth certificate to prove that she was born only after Dec 1, 2004. The queue was daunting too and I had to be in office too before it was too late. So I left, checking with the security guy if Ash had any chance of getting into LKG. He said the only few vacancies that might arise would go to kids of people with transferable jobs but I could, with some pull, hope to find him a seat.

I entrusted V with getting the form and he never found the time till yesterday to do that - and now he has gone off to Delhi for 4 days for a company meeting. He wasnt too keen after he found out that the nearest PSBB didnt have a school van/bus service - which meant the onus of dropping them at school, through a crazy traffic route, would fall on him - while the main PSBB was a bit far for us, despite the lure of a school bus and a big campus.

Our next options are UCA, Lady Andal and DAV, all matriculation schools. The former is V's preferred choice being a Syrian Christian-managed school, with a good van service and not too far. We have to wait till December for the forms to the first two, and Jan for the third.

2 comments:

the other romila said...

Advcie is free....so here it goes.
PSSBB is damn good despite the huge population. They have touch screens and students enjoy show an tell. Its is worth the wait, money and effort in many ways compared to other big shools.
Having had many collegemates from UCA and Lady Andal, I honestly find them both useless. We considered Andal for my bro, but my aunt was put off by the snob value.
DAV us decent and when it comes to high school, nothing like it.
good luck on the school hunt.
Havent you thought of the The School, which despite some snob crowd stands apart for great students, philosophy and creative education. I have honestly felt that all my classmates who came from there had some extra creativity. Its not like its only for the arts, they also make great architects and engineers!
;)

Ladybird said...

HUh,. I shld have asked for ur advice a bit earlier. Now it is too late.
My first choice wld have been the School but it is too far. Hopefully i can put him there when he is in high school, if there is vacancy

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...