Monday, October 08, 2007

Maid in Madras

My mom, who was here the past 4 days, left yesterday night. We managed to do some shopping on the last two days - at Nalli and a new shop called "@home". She gifted Mira her first silk long skirt and blouse as a birthday present. She picked up a few Luminarc cocktail glasses and coffee mugs from the latter. I picked up a coffee mug too but to serve buttermilk! We shortlisted a few vases too, maybe later. The lifespan of such fragile stuff is not guaranteed at my home with two meddlesome brats around.

The prices however seemed double their actual worth. There is one floor for furnishings, lights, and a section for furniture - for the bedroom, drawing, dining, office etc. Sleek had a section reserved for its modular kitchens.

And for the first time, we left the kids in the care of the new maid. She managed without too tragic results especially as we left when the kids were taking their afternoon naps.
The new maid is a bit slow compared to the old one and not as efficient. But I hope she will cope though the kiddie tantrums are making her a bit nervous. Mom had been taking care of the kids the past 3 days and also helping her out in the kitchen. I had been doing some part of the kitchen chores including cooking, and laundry but today she managed without much assistance. Me and V took care of the kids' morning ablutions and feeding. I hope she can manage in the afternoon and until I reach.

4 comments:

Romila said...

Your lil one in that long skirt is so preety and cute. The photograph is really neat too.

Joyismygoal said...

she is precious

Anonymous said...

Such a cute girl...I love the way you took the picture. My daughter has a pavadai set as well, but it is too big for her!

Ladybird said...

Thank you all :) The credit for the photoshoot goes to my hubby. He has an artistic eye.
And BG, the set she is wearing was a bit tight for her that we exchanged it the day after we bought it. (we took the snaps while trying it on at home.) The new set is too big - she might have to wait an year to wear it!

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...