Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Mira's day out


Today was Mira's first day at the pre-school cum daycare. She only did an hour today, though the pre-school session is from 9 to 12. The moment she saw me, when I went to pick her up, she started sobbing. She was seated on the lap of Shobha, one of the ladies who run the school, eating banana chips. Shobha told me that M had been crying and that they pacified her with the chips - she had refused the bread toast I packed in her snack box.
Mira clung to me and refused to go to the watchman's wife and daughter, who normally keep her entertained when she goes down.
I guess I will have to send her for 1 hour this week, till she gets used to being away from us and the house. Here I was hoping I could leave early for work now that Mira started pre-school and that my partime maid could come at 12 and pick her from school... Maybe from next week!

Yesterday, on my way home, I did a quick tour of Landmark in Spencer Plaza to buy nursery rhymes DVDs (my first buy last week has been a major hit with the kids, and helped to keep them riveted to the PC screen while I finished my chores), crayons (for Ash's school coloring exercises) and a copy of The Alchemist (to replace the copy I borrowed from a friend, which had got slightly damaged in my custody).

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...