Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eating habits

Both Ash and Mira enjoy the bottle! Of milk, that is! I dunno how to effect the transition to the cup, since both refuse milk in anything other than the feeding bottle. (My mom tells me I went to nursery school with milk in the feeding bottle, and that it was with great difficulty they managed to stop the habit by the time I was 5.) Guess it runs in the family.

Ash was indeed using a cup for taking milk but it was with great difficulty that we could get him to finish his glass of milk. And at some point he decided to try the bottle again. We let him, since he is a picky eater and milk was the only thing he would have without much coercion.

As messy as it can get... Mira shows an inclination to feed herself - steamed rice and green gram thoren abandoning the rice gruel (left) I made for her - though cleaning up the table and her special chair and the floor is my liability. High chairs for kids are not in vogue in India though I find a few restaurants have them.
p.s. I am on leave since Ash has fever and diarrhoea. Loose stools that now makes him like a kid from Somalia. Kept us awake at night.
The GOOD NEWS is that my previous live-in babysitter has offered to come back, hopefully before Monday next. She is the best bet I have as far as babycare and cooking are concerned.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Oh i hope he gets well soon my first one took the bottle alittle too long and his teeth were affected but are fine now as an adult

Ladybird said...

Thanks! He is better today. Maybe he can go back to school tomorrow.

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...