Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blog sabbatical!

A friend emailed to ask: No blog today? She does that whenever I dont blog. So I have this excuse that I blog for her sake.
Well, the fact is there has been nothing interesting happening in our uninteresting lives these days other than the usual monotonous things. That I eat, sleep, bathe, cook blah blah...
I have decided that I will check at least the headlines on newspapers before I embark on cooking - since Monday. Which means I get only breakfast ready (out of ready-to-cook idli batter from the supermarket or Two-minutes noodles or 1-minute Oats - I must try ready-to-serve chapati and idiappam from the stores next!) before the kids and their father leave. The bulk of my cooking comes after, and when I am through with it by 11 am to have a kaaka-kuli (crow's bath) and rush out myself - after checking whether the balcony doors have been closed, the gas cylinder has been switched off, the maid's lunch is served on a platter etc. etc. "All that hardly takes a second each," V tells me. But then there are 360 such one-second chores to finish before I head out.
That reminds me of a jinxed dinner we had on Sunday. We decided to go for an Arabian takeaway of rolls and shawarma and went to this not-too-fancy joint called Arabian Delights. V suddenly had this brainwave to try another new Muslim restaurant we had seen. So we reversed the vehicle and went in there only to keep waiting till V lost his cool. We walked away to patronise one of our old Malloo favorites bang opposite. The food was good - parottas, beef curry and mutton omelette (mutton fry covered in a huge egg omelette) but we had to finish it in a hurry as the electricity kept going off and the generator was having a tough time coughing into action.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...