Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Faux pas

I just had to put my foot in my mouth (again!) today.
There was this acquaintance I met in the err... powder room and I thought she be the right person to give me and advice about good schools. She lived in a nearby locality and she was married and a good cook, I heard.
I wondered if I should first ask her if she had children but decided against it. So I casually asked her: "So where are your kids studying?"
And she said: "But I dont have children."
"And I dont know much about schools."

I guess one cant just assume that all married Indians will have a brood at home. Times have changed and many opt not to have kids, especially eccentric journalists. Fertility problems are on the rise too.
p.s. Our school quest today revealed a new montessori school called Vatsalya (meaning affection/love - the kind you feel towards children).
Not a great post but it is time to pack my bag and go home. Tata

No comments:

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...