Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ka-ka

A crow pecked at Ashwin just as he was standing on the balcony grill, surveying post-rain Chennai!

The maid had gone in with Mira and V had gone to make a call. They came only upon hearing him howling himself hoarse.

The crows are getting bolder, especially with the kids. Since I feed them leftovers they often keep an eye on our balcony. Feeding crows is the norm in Chennai especially after the morning pooja. Crows are beleived to be the souls of our dead ancestors and feeding them is considered a blessing. CHennai crows are a bit picky about the food too unlike the crows at, say, my countryside. They dont much care for plain rice and prefers curd rice!

Anyway, I am having second thoughts about feeding them - if I have to keep them off the kids and balcony.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...