Thursday, January 25, 2007

School saga

I took Ash to the Monti lady yesterday late in the evening. V had instructed me to ask a few questions such as who runs it, whether it is a Trust etc.
I had to wait a bit as she runs a Centre for child development there in the evenings, where children with learning disabilities, autism, ADHD and so on come for therapy. A note book of a Class 1 girl lay on the diwan beside me - I glanced through it and found an exercise with short sentences - mostly with wrong spellings. Maybe the kid had a learning problem. I saw a couple of kids coming out, who seemed pretty normal to me and who were treated with a lot of loving attention by therapists; their mothers however looked irritated and weary.
It turned out that the girl-director of the place was a Malloo. She was a speech therapist but she has a montessori teacher to run the school; more teachers would be hired, she said. With Ash trying to fiddle with my handbag I could only half listen to what she said. Anyway, looking at his antics she said he would have to be brought for an hours's trial next Monday. Since kids in a mont are expected to be involved in an activity on their own with the teacher just faciliating their learning, she wanted to check if Ash could be trusted to do that. I have a feeling he wont qaulify - he is too fidgety and would want to grab the stuff in his neighbour's hand.
Maybe I should just forget this and get back to Faith.

No comments:

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...