Thursday, November 23, 2006

Return of the native

I just got back from Kerala today morning with Ash. Dad came with me.
My folks back home are all going to miss Ash - he was great entertainment for them. He has put on some weight after staying in Kerala. From a ghastly 9 kg in July, he is now 12 kg - which means that he must have been malnourished while he was here. He has outgrown his clothes though he still needs to look a bit more taller.
I got to see his convent playschool and met the nuns running it. Incidentally I had started schooling with them too, though the classes were held in the Catholic church premises then. My only memory of the nuns' convent is of the chapel there, which had then seemed one of the most beautiful places I had seen - red carpets and real flowers in vases.
Mira had viral fever and a bad case of fit on Monday night. She was fine when I left but by next evening developed fever. Her condition seemed critical and she had to be kept in ICU - was hospitalised for 3 days while I was away. V and the maid had a tough time managing her. Was on the verge of cancelling my train ticket and catching a flight from Trivandrum, but later V said that she was better and that I stay back and bring Ash - he would have taken it badly if I left him and came. He had been clinging on to me ever since I went down.
Prayers and calls from near and dear ones saw Mira through, I must say. She still looks dull, especially her eyes. Though she is enjoying Ash's company, she is not exactly relishing the attention we give him. She scowled at V for a long time for not greeting her first when he came in. The maid is not exactly happy about having to care for another kid, though we see to the bulk of Ash's needs ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God Mira has recovered.Roshin, now that she has had a seizure, you got to be extra careful.Always have some antipyretic suppository in the fridge.Having Ash back in the fray will also aggect her. Any way my prayers are with you.

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...