Monday, October 09, 2006

Sunday chores

Another Sunday whirred past - we did not go to church as V was not feeling well. Got up late. The new church wants all its new members to give a family photo to publish in their souvenir - the minimum fee for advertising ourselves is Rs. 2000.
Went veg-fish-beef shopping in the afternoon in the scorching heat, and for a stroll at Loyola college in the evening. Nowadays it gets dark by 5 pm., so we had to grope our way back at 6.30 pm - the street lights on the campus roads were not burning. The campus makes me want to go back to college life again. Those carefree days, when we didnt understand the value of it. Unlike our college, MCC, which resembled a mini-zoo with peacocks and deers and monkeys, Loyola looks like a nice big park. I told V that we should get Ash to study here if we are here till then. India Today rates it among the 10 best colleges in India, and I think, it was considered the best college for Commerce last year.
Ash clearly called me Amme when I spoke to him on Saturday and jabbered a bit. Mom later called to say that he was looking for me under the bed and under the stairs and running from room to room - he prolly has no idea where I call from!
Mira had a haircut at home by V the Barber and me the assistant. She sat obediently and patiently through much of it. WE have managed an amateurish mushroom cut.
p.s. I am reverting to the old template as V expressed a preference for it. As an obedient Indian wife, I thought I should value his suggestion. Sorry Usha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you know everytime i come to write comment, i have to do word verification.. i keep thinking of telling u.. then forget..and manytimes 'cos of the laziness of doing that.. don't use this..
was going to ask u about the change of design...
v reads your blog.. i suppose he is looking at it professionally.. with the other one.. it was more friendly..and sort of lively in my eyes.. but if many people r reading your blog prof look maybe better.. (or take votes..)
here B and i have become professional barbers for our kids.. i get b to do my hair ..
our guests left early morn.. it was snowing then..and very cold.. now no snow..
hope u all have good day usha

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...