Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Our little lady

The big news is that we got Mira's ears pierced yesterday at an ENT clinic nearby. Painless ear piercing - more than the actual piercing, which took only a second each, it was readying her for the event that was more difficult. She howled at the sight of the doctor and his wife, so marking the spot took a while as we had to pacify her at first.
We chose a pair of studs with a single red stone - supposedly gold plated and nickel free, imported from the US. The dr. gave some instructions to prevent infection in the wound.

Reminded of the time I got my ears pierced. I must have been in Class 6 or 7 at that time. I was one of the late entrants into the ear-ringed club as most girls in school had their ears pierced at a young age. The piercing was done by a goldsmith at our family jeweller's shop. Those days they used the thorn of a plant, I think. It took him so long and by the time he was through with the first ear, I was sweating and wishing that I'd rather not pierce the second ear. I somehow survived the ordeal to have a pair of gold jhumka (Jhumka refers to the bell shape of the earring. It is a shape often found in traditional Indian jewelry. The design had become popular in Kerala around that time) adorning my ears. The wound healed without much trouble though I am allergic to any metal other than gold and silver.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...