Friday, September 01, 2006

Down memory lane

Lost my credit card. Can't remember where I lost/misplaced it. I last used it 2 weeks back at a kidstore before I went to Kerala. I am so forgetful these days, I think I need to get my thyroid tested. A friend told me that hypothyroidism can lead to poor memory. At this rate I am heading for Alzheimer's.
Chennai saw a sudden downpour at noon - should have expected it as it was so humid in the morning.
Almost through with my work for the day. Had edited an article on Gondwanaland (a supercontinent made up of Africa, Australia, India and Antartica some 200 million years ago, before the continental drift) expedition made by 10 Indian scientists/geologists on 3 Mahindra Scorpios. They drove from The Himalayas (shimla) to Delhi and then flew to Iran. The real expedition begins from Iran. Driving through 17 countries - including Israel, Turkey, Egypt, Sudan, Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique - they reach the tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet.
The writer's description of Ngorongoro and Serengeti wildlife santuaries made me nostalgic - of the days when we were in Tanzania, 20 years ago. Unfortunately, unlike most Indian expatriates we had not visited these places. We did go to one Mikumi National Park there. The Oyster Bay beach in Dar-es-salaam was also frequented. Maybe I should make a trip again when the kids are older.
p.s. I shall give the link once the article is uploaded, give me 2 weeks time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, if u can remember MUkumi national park after so many years.. you don't have to worry about your memory, nothing wrong..!
you will not be the first or the last to misplace a cr card!
my neighbours mum had Alzheimers now he has.(70 yrs). as of now he looks ok.. but forgets things like how to shave.. put toothpaste on the brush and not his face or ears!
that he has to use toilet.. and can't heat a paper plate on electric stove!
can you imagine the wifes dialemma..dealing with him.. now his hip hurts ..he can't do grass cutting forgets how to start the machine.. and keeps thinking every 2 mins it needs gas!

Anonymous said...

usha

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...