Friday, August 25, 2006

Donor dilemma

I am in a dilemma. A colleague who is looking for a donor egg has asked me if I would mind donating. I had spoken to V earlier about it but he was against it. So I have told her I will consult him before giving an answer.
Since she is no great pal of mine, I dont feel morally obliged to donate - it is not the feeling that I am giving away my 'child' that is bothering me, the hassle and pain of the treatment that a donor will have to undergo puts me off. Hormonal injections, anaesthesia, visits to clinic, time away from work and my kids etc. But her helplessness makes me feel sympathetic.
p.s. It is my brother's bday today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very hard decision to make.. may God help you with that decision..
everything has its on adv and dis adv.. so don't know what to say... but i understand how hard it's to make such decisons.. it's about a life..good luck!..if it was brought up to me, would have had same difficulty.
UST

On April 16, we residents looked forward to another rain despite the note of caution from authorities. Seeing the rainy weather, V decided b...