Saturday, July 15, 2006

Maid dilemmas

End of another production week at work. yipee! Had been feeling a bit dazed with little sleep and the stress at home and the work overload at office. Will skip church tomorrow, V and God willing.
Mil called to keep me abreast of the maid hunt back in Kerala. The shortlisted candidate seems to be a Dalit Pentecost lady who is now looking after an old couple right now. Will be a jolt for her shifting from the caretaking of those in second chilhood to those in first childhood. Mom worries that pentecosts are gluttonous and might eat up all the babyfood and things meant for ash and mir!
I am a lil wary of Pentecosts myself. I hope she doesnt try to convert me to her zealous brand of xianity. I am happy being on the periphery of faith. Will she want to join a prayer group while here? Will her fellow devotees want to reform us? These are my worries right now.
My personal experiences with Pentecosts have not been v. pleasant. 15 years ago, a Pentecost family I had for company in the train compartment had tried to teach me the Bible and had prophesied that I would be become a Pentecost in 5 years. Will their curse still work?

No comments:

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...