Thursday, July 13, 2006

Babysitting woes


Mom arrived today morning from Kerala. She is supervising the baby sitting while my part-time maid acts as her assistant. Mira cries when mom picks her up but Ash is getting along fine.
(That's mom holding Mira. V likes to make her cry, as he says she looks pretty when she cries! She cries the moment he raises his voice but with me she rarely does that.)
But managing Ash is tougher - he sits still only when he is upto something. For instance today he stuck my sticker bindis all around his face and later dabbed my nasal drops all over his leg.
Every night before going to bed, I have to gather the stuff he has strewn around the drawing room, mostly kitchen utensils and cutlery. I guess little boys have a fascination for the kitchen, which they outgrow as they get older. Thereafter the kitchen is a no-no except when it comes to invading the ladder ( to be precise, the fridge).

No comments:

On the penultimate day of reporting duty at the photography festival, the boss of the English writing dept, came and told me: When we both a...