Thursday, June 29, 2006

Giggles

The other day I visited a bookshop located in the Connemara Hotel premises called Giggles, The biggest little shop. It was the craziest bookshop I had seen in my life. Books stacked precariously upto the ceiling giving you the uneasy feeling that it will topple anytime. FInd your way through the books and you find an old lady seated in a corner of the room. She kept calling out to her assistant to locate this book or that. I came out soon enough, suffocated by the wall of books. For me, even buying a book has to be a pleasurable experience - spacious hall, neatly stacked books, easy browsing etc. Not that I find time to read even the newspaper these days.
Reading a book at home is next to impossible, so I try to make up by reading up a bit in the office between work and between browsing and blogging.

2 comments:

dreamrunner said...

hello!
Delhi too has quite a few of these bookstores. Some of the shops near JNU (ber sarai market) probably hold more books than you can imagine. some of the workers are permanently posted atop ladders!

keep writing.
love
Kochumon

Unknown said...

Hi. Love the cartoon. That is how I feel most days. I read every nite before I go to sleep. It helps to unwind me. Have a great Day!!

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...