Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Mother Earth

While decluttering Mira's shelves during one of my infrequent bouts of cleaning, I came across a small essay/speech I had written for her last year. Did I actually write it, is my usual thought when I glance through such notes. Because once something flows out of your pen, it  is no longer yours and has a life of its own. I'm just reproducing it to remind myself of my occasional flashes of imagination.
Topic: The earth laughs in flowers.
Our earth, I would say, is the most beautiful planet in the universe. Looking at it from space it looks blue and green _ blue is the oceans and green is the land. And this land is full of trees and plants that bear flowers and fruits.
Flowers make our Earth look so beautiful. I just feel it makes Mother Earth very happy to watch birds and butterflies everyday drinking nectar from flowers and taking a little pollen with them. That helps in pollination and new life, you know.
From small pansies two big roses and shoe flowers, from flowers in a garden to those growing in the wild, Mother Earth is proud and protective of each. They dance and flutter in the wind, with the sun smiling at them everyday.
From Switzerland to Kashmir, from England to Kenya the earth abounds in natural beauty. And looking at these flowers I feel the earth is laughing like a happy mother surrounded by her children!

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...