Thursday, April 26, 2018

Reading human minds

My! Isn't it pretty weird how the social media reads your mind? Or maybe Facebook is eavesdropping - or more weirdly tracking your movements or reading your mind. The suggested posts that fb throws up are uncannily close to what you do or think.
It has just now asked me to make banana and coconut pudding with Chiquita bananas! I had the last Chiquita banana yesterday night.
Two weeks back, it threw up a suggestion that I admit my kid in kindergarten starters just after I had spotted a KGS bus passing my place; maybe because I made the mistake of explaining what KGS is to Mira.
And last month in India, I had been so impressed by the the Brezza car and wondering why dad couldn't buy that in place of the Swift he opted for. But no search on Google, mind you. And Gmail sent me a mail asking me to buy a Brezza ! These are just a few of the instances. Is FB an all knowing God?

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...