Thursday, October 20, 2016

Veiled friendships

Today as I return from a walk in the corniche, there are two ladies in Black in front returning home after their morning walk. One of them looks back and spots me. I can only see her eyes, she looks at me and says: hey I don't see you at the gym now? I then realized that she is one of my gym companions, a familiar and friendly face from the sub continent. We make small talk and then go our own ways .
This is one curious thing I do here. I had a few friends at the driving school who I could recognize only by their voices. Only when they say, 'hey, how far have you progressed' I realize this is so and so. Two such acquaintances suddenly pulled up their veils -  it leaves me in a momentary shock, for their actual faces were different from what I had imagined.

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...