Thursday, November 20, 2014

Spacewalk

A long-lost friend from my early college days is in Chennai on an official trip. We caught up wit the news of some 20 years just as my kids were going to bed. Both wanted to talk too, going by tradition - another long-lost friend I had met in Dubai became more their friend than mine in her new avatar. So they thought it was their legitimate right to talk to whoever Amma's friend is.
"What is your friend's name?" Ash asked.
"Sunita."
"Oh! Sunita Williams!" exclaimed Ash. He has just learnt in school about this first Indian woman who went to space. "Has she gone to space too? Will you ask her to take us too?"

No comments:

 If I thought I wouldnt be able to withstand the trauma of watching #Aadujeevitham / #Goat Life, a real-life survival drama starring Prithvi...